Sunday was a day I will never forget. Umut and I visited some friends over the weekend and attended their church on Sunday. The sermon was a great lesson on light versus darkness and one of the key points I walked away with was, "the greatest darkness is in the heart of man".
After church everyone shared in a potluck lunch, Turkish-style, which means lots of rice, veggies covered in yogurt and pickles as relish. It was delicious!
But following the potluck lunch was my favorite time. 14 of us headed to a quiet beach where the water was more clear than I had ever seen. With the mountains of Black Island in the background, a new sister was baptised. My hope and prayer is this will be one of many baptisms of Turkish brothers and sisters I witness over my lifetime.
You'll see 1 video of our sister sharing her story in church with the pastor speaking in both Turkish and English and the 2nd video is of her baptism. You'll also notice a few pictures of her new family hanging out on the beach, enjoying one of the most important days of her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment