Monday, May 11, 2009

Kediler

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day by having a picnic in our apartment's baçhe (garden). Our baçhe is an orange grove with red & pink rose bushes and wild ivey. A few weeks ago a few families started planting veggies in the garden as well. I can't wait to see their produce!

So as baba Ceylan (father Ceylan) & Umut worked on getting the fire started for the bar-b-que chicken, I made a few new friends. I noticed 3 little kediler (kittens) spying on our picnic! They were just too cute to ignore and so I spent the next few hours feeding them bread, milk and chicken. It was a fun way to end a beautiful day here in Izmir.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle and Umut: We enjoyed seeing the folk dances and celebrations for Umut's birthday. HOLLA! for the Tex Mex food too. We love reading about your adventures and it will be a nice "booklet" to share with your children one day. Hugs and Kisses, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete