What every Turkish bride needs to know...how to cook Türk Kahvesi (Turkish Coffee). This stuff grows hair on your chest, I promise. It's very strong, very potent, unfiltered coffee poured into an espresso cup. Because it's unfiltered, on the bottom of the cup is a thick, coffee tar left for the drinker to see what clogs their arteries while consuming this traditional Turkish drink. Okay, I am being a little synical, mainly because this is one delicacy that I haven't developed an appreciation for. However, it is the duty of every unmarried girl to learn the art of making Türk Kahvesi. In some of the smaller villages, she is chosen to be a bride based on this ability.
Luckily for me, I was accepted into the Ceylan family before I had to learn this skill. However, mama Ceylan is already catching me up on making one of Umut's favorite drinks. I am willing to make it, but it will be a while before I actually consume it. Check out the picture.
just make sure you don't actually have any of that chest hair for your wedding day! :)
ReplyDelete