Yep. You read the title correctly. An old Turkish lady showed me her bra today...while she was wearing it. And she showed it proudly. Folks, there are no pictures for this post. This is for your safety. Because what I saw today was not for the faint of heart.
Every few weeks Umut's mom meets with a group of older, wealthier Turkish women. It's primarly a time for eating and socializing. Umut warned me that the women of this particular group are different. They are more gregarious, more extroverted and more open to breaking some social norms.
Umut had left for a mid-term study group and I was preparing to go boot shopping when the ladies began to arrive. I knew that I needed to sit in the room and "visit" for 15 minutes before leaving. Of course, I didn't understand anything they said, but it's still polite to stick around.
Within minutes, a woman in her mid-60s whips out a new bra that she had apparently purchased on the way over. Imagine those GIGANTIC bras your grandmother used to wear. Probably one of the cups are big enough to be a young child's hat. That's how big this bra was. Massive. After passing the bra around to some of the ladies, she went to the bathroom to put it on and then came out to show everyone how great her Girls looked.
"OMG...an old Turkish lady showed me her bra." So I began praying to God that this wasn't the beginning of a congo line in which all of us were supposed to raise our shirts and show off our own Endowments.
Thankfully, I made it out of the room before any more Gazelles made their way out of hiding. Whew. Today was a close call.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh. My. Word!!! I am dying, Michelle...oh, wow! How awkward was that?!?!?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
ReplyDeleteba ha ha ha ha ha...
ReplyDeletelove it!
Ok, Bravo! Your blog is totally worth reading and I'm definitely coming back. You're creativity in naming body parts in the April 7 post had me rolling. And even before that, great story telling. Thanks Michelle for taking time to chronicle your experiences in such entertaining fashion.
ReplyDeleteSo you're living in Izmir? I've been there. Loved it.
haha!!!
ReplyDeleteoh...my...word. I am just catching up on your blog. WOW! that is amazing. :) haha!
ReplyDelete