Friday, April 3, 2009

COMMON MISTAKES FOREIGNERS MAKE: #2


Common mistakes foreigners make: #2- Unlocking doors.
April 2: After spending the morning in the city, Umut put me in a cab to return home as he headed to work. It was my 1st journey through Izmir alone & I was up for the challenge. By God's grace the taxi driver knew where to drop me off and I was able to find our apartment building.

I made it to our front door with no problems & pulled out my new set of keys. Insert key and turn. And turn. And turn. And turn. For the life of me I couldn't unlock the front door. I was making so much noise turning the key that our neighbor heard me and finally came to my rescue.

She opened the door in 2 seconds but I don't plan on plan on unlocking any doors anytime soon.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait to hear more stories! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what was the trick?! i love foreigner stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the door has a "double lock" which means you have to turn it until it clicks twice and then push the door forward. who would have known?

    ReplyDelete