Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I discovered Turkey's "Punky Brewster"!







3 of Umut's cousins visited us this week. They were so adorable! The youngest, Gözde, captured my heart. She had learned some English phrases like "Good Night" and "You are so beautiful" and as her shyness wore away, she practiced a few times with me.

When Gözde first came over, her hair was in pig-tails and all I could think of was, "She's a Turkish Punky Brewster"! She is from Denizili, which is modern-day Colossae and Laodicea. In Denizili, there is a famous landmark of calcium waterpools. It's one of the coolest places in Turkey and I was able to see it last week on the 7 Churches tour. (see the picture)
Anyway, I've decided that nothing is cuter than a little Turkish girl with big brown eyes, thick dark hair and a missing front tooth.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle, I can't believe you are half-way around the world! Austin Stone came up last week and all I could think is how much I wished you were there! It sounds like you are having a great time and adjusting well. Keep posting and I promise to keep reading! -Sara Duran

    ReplyDelete
  2. michelle! mom sent me your blog address. so glad to be able to keep up with you!
    much love-LT
    www.lauratomlinson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete