Saturday, March 21, 2009

My 1st week in Turkey!!!




Where in the world do I begin? Literally, "where in the world"? My trip began on Sunday in Nashville, where I flew to Charlotte on a delayed flight & missed my flight to Munich by 10 minutes. I literally watched my plane leave the terminal! So after spending the night in a cheap hotel in NC, I made it to Munich and eventually to Izmir fairly easily by Tuesday afternoon.

And once in Izmir, Umut & I have been going none stop. Needless to say, our reunion at the airport was wonderful. He & Baba Ceylan ("father Ceylan") greeted me with lots of hugs & kisses. They drove me to their apartment, where I was warmly greeted by Anne Ceylan ("momma Ceylan"), many giddy neighbors & gorgeous flowers.

Since then, I have been learning how to use public transportation (scary!), some basic words around the house (table, cheese, thank-you) and how to properly greet people...which includes lots of kissing on the cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment