

One of the really cool perks of living in Turkey is the historical treasures from biblical times, especially the New Testament. Last week I went on a tour (along with Anna Melvin!) of the 7 cities Revelation 2-3 was written to. Some cities had more of an impact on me than others from an archeological standpoint (like Ephesus and Pergamum), but at the end of the week, the Lord spoke to me on a few points.
1) He reigns. These cities once dominated the world and now they lay in ruin. Ancient columns over 5 feet in diameter built by man and made of marble and granite have tumbeled yet the Lord's handiwork included sprinkling the ground with wild white daisies and red tulips. Yes, He reigns.
2) When we were touring Sardis, there was a hill covered in bright green grass where a flock of sheep were grazing and following their shepherd. I felt like I had stepped back in time 1000 years ago. At one point I heard a baby sheep "Baaaa" in a pitiful and helpless cry. My eyes filled with my own tears and I thought, "God, that is my cry. Thank you for never leaving me or forsaking me. I am pitiful and helpless without You."
3) Don't get lazy fighting the good fight. For whatever reason, the people of these churches are gone. The land which once carried the gospel is now starving for the gospel. Don't get lazy. Fight the good fight and finish the race.
1) He reigns. These cities once dominated the world and now they lay in ruin. Ancient columns over 5 feet in diameter built by man and made of marble and granite have tumbeled yet the Lord's handiwork included sprinkling the ground with wild white daisies and red tulips. Yes, He reigns.
2) When we were touring Sardis, there was a hill covered in bright green grass where a flock of sheep were grazing and following their shepherd. I felt like I had stepped back in time 1000 years ago. At one point I heard a baby sheep "Baaaa" in a pitiful and helpless cry. My eyes filled with my own tears and I thought, "God, that is my cry. Thank you for never leaving me or forsaking me. I am pitiful and helpless without You."
3) Don't get lazy fighting the good fight. For whatever reason, the people of these churches are gone. The land which once carried the gospel is now starving for the gospel. Don't get lazy. Fight the good fight and finish the race.
No comments:
Post a Comment