Monday, August 31, 2009

The 1st question on a circus application






The 1st question on a circus application must be…

“Are you willing to grow a mullet?”

On Friday Umut and I went to the circus. There were Chinese performers, Russian performers, Western performers and Latin American performers. (Ironically, no Turkish performers were spotted.) Yet no matter what continent each talented act derived from, one central theme wove throughout the entire evening: rockin’ Rat Tails and Mullets.

We saw mullets & rat tails doing Olympic-style flips while springing off of bouncing balance beams. We saw them swallowing sticks of fire and carrying gigantic pythons. We even saw rat tails and mullets magically making doves disappear! (Of course during that particular act, I said, “Hey, Mullet Magician! I saw the Prestige. Those “disappearing” doves better be alive at the end of the show!)

Maybe I got a little carried away with trying to snap shots of all the rad hair-dos, but I was very entertained. Besides, isn’t that what the circus is all about?

1 comment: