


What do you get when you mix a blob of henna and a puffy marshmallow dress? A Turkish wedding, of course!
Here are just a few pictures of our Henna Night and Turkish wedding. For those of you unfamiliar with a Henna Night, essentially these traditions come from the Hitittes, who ruled this area of the world thousands of years ago. Both the Bride & Groom are stained with henna followed by a war victory dance by the groom. Basically it was a night of food, alcohol and LOTS of dancing.
The next day was our Turkish wedding. More food, more alcohol, more dancing. But this time I got to wear a marshmallow dress! I think I was so worried the entire time that I would trip while dancing that I hardly remember the evening.
I've mentioned before that Turkish weddings are about BIG and *BLING*. This Turkish wedding celebration proved to be nothing less. If you get a chance, check out my Facebook page for more pictures!
Phenomenal! Wish I was there to witness and celebrate with you!
ReplyDelete